| | | | | | | |
- Please click on this link to fill out an application on line Adoption Application or we can mail you one if you call 508.473.2228. If you are unsure about a beagle and their characteristics, please read our Beagle Resources page for some fun (but true) information.
- Please read our Standards of Adoption before submitting your application. These standards include specific guidelines for puppies. Filling out an application or going through the screening process is not an automatic approval for adoption.
- Please note that we do not accept applications for specific dogs because preference to dogs is given to adopters by their date of approval and matching the adopter's needs to the dog's needs. However, you can indicate if you are interested in a particular age range or gender. If there is a specific dog that you are interested in on the website, you can let your adoption counselor know once you are approved. We can look into that dog as a possible match for you, but we will have to make sure your lifestyle is a good fit for the dog's personality and energy level.
- The Adoption Counselor will contact you by phone or e-mail and set up a time to talk about your application, about beagles in general, and about the rehoming of B.O.N.E.S. beagles.
- Our next step includes talking with your Veterinarian (if you have one) or a personal reference AND doing a Home Visit. All family members and/or people in the household who will be a part of the beagle's new life need to be present for the Home Visit.
- The Adoption Counselor will notify you shortly after the Home Visit regarding your approval as an adopter through B.O.N.E.S. Once an adopter is approved they can begin to look at our available dogs, along with their counselor, and work toward an adoption.
- Once there is a potential match we will put the adopter in touch with the dog's foster home. If everyone agrees on the placement we will facilitate the adoption. We rely on our foster families to have the best knowledge of the dog(s) in their care and their assessment of the potential match is necessary before an adoption can take place.
- The Adoption Counselors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout the process and will be available to provide guidance during the adjustment period and for the following months.
- There will be an adoption contract for you to sign during the adoption of your beagle. B.O.N.E.S. charges a $300 adoption fee which is due upon adoption. Puppies are $325. Beagles aged 10 and over are $225. If you adopt a pair of beagles (two at one time) the fee will be $450. Checks should be made out to B.O.N.E.S. Inc.